Client Success Manager.
Location: UK home-based
GoodShape transforms the way organisations manage the health and wellbeing of their employees. We are driven by a simple belief – when you look after the health and wellbeing of your people, you can radically improve the performance of an organisation.
Over the past 16 years we have partnered with over 200 of the UK’s leading employers. We help simplify the management of unplanned absence, demonstrably reduce the main causes of absence, inform smarter workforce strategies through efficient resource planning, and reduce the risks to employers and employees.
We bring together a powerful mix of technology and clinical services that are proven to deliver results. Our dedicated in-house team is on hand 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing people with support and guidance when they need it most, minimising time off due to ill health, and when the time is right, ensuring every return to work is safe and compliant.
Building on this success, GoodShape has ambitious growth plans for the coming years, including the increased coverage of existing services, the launch of new services, and expansion into new territories. During this period there will be a real focus on our current clients. Client retention is vital to the success of GoodShape, and we will achieve this by maintaining a steady, loyal but expanding client-base. In addition organic growth from expansion services into existing client Accounts will deliver significant contribution to our Annualised Revenue Growth targets.
About the role
We seek a creative, talented and experienced Client Success Manager to join the GoodShape team, who has experience of developing proactive, consultative & partnership focused customer relationships. The successful candidate will be capable of exploring and creating commercial & service innovation opportunities for their client Account portfolio, maximizing gross margin in-line with agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), maintaining service excellence, and embracing a promise-based delivery culture.
Purpose of Role:
Strategic Account Management: Work within & proactively contribute to the strategic Account management and engagement frameworks to foster true strategic partner relationships with clients, delivering added value through best practice Account Management practices.
Client Account Commerciality: Lead and ensure achievement of commercial objectives and goals set for client Accounts. Ensuring the delivery of the highest levels of Account Management satisfaction whilst at the same time meeting set internal Client Account KPIs.
Operational Service Excellence: Proactively contribute to & lead the Operational Service Excellence culture within the team, delivering proactive and innovative solutions to achieve strong client and colleague relationships.
Strategic Account Management:
- To proactively build collaborative, strategic & productive business relationships within each client Account & internally within GoodShape.
- To understand each assigned clients objectives and success measures and proactively demonstrate how the service has delivered against these measures.
- To carry out regular service level evaluations in-line with client, contractual and legal expectations, taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- Creation and delivery of client Account MBR and QBR’s in line with GoodShape frameworks and process, underpinned with consultative, strategic insight from inhouse platform and market data that ultimately delivers collaborative strategic partnerships with clients.
- Creation & maintenance of Account files for each client that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge & understanding of the client’s organisation, market sector & external influencing factors.
- Creation & maintenance of a SWOT & Client Relationship Analysis for each client Account that forms the basis of the Client Engagement, Tactical & Strategic plans owned by the Client Success Manager.
- To maximise innovation & efficiency through the effective use of technology.
- Identify / recommend innovation & continuous improvement initiatives for both Clients and GoodShape.
Client Account Commerciality:
- Contractual status of Account portfolio tracked and monitored with proactive strategy & plans in place to retain, ensuring timely re-negotiation of contract tenure as client Account contracts are heading towards renewal.
- Profitability monitored for Accounts with strategies to improve overall profitability indicators defined and implemented.
- Support the Client Success Director to develop financial business plans and where required, re-forecast to reflect over/under performance and corrective actions.
- Ownership and responsibility for delivery of the targets within a defined balanced scorecard.
- To support sales activity; developing client networks, identifying new service lines and develop existing business in collaboration with Business Development teams.
- Identifying, attending, and participating in networking events.
- To support the creation and action of a structured ‘expansions potential’ plan that demonstrates an understanding of the local markets within their client portfolio and meets CRO targeted revenue expansion goals.
- Ownership of invoice and debtor management control for portfolio of accounts.
- Provide an operational performance summary on a monthly basis to the Client Success Director.
Operational Service Excellence:
- Ongoing updating & monitoring of client Account heat map HubSpot with RAG status, contractual status and single client view.
- To identify “at risk” clients and highlight issues and create & own remediation action plans for those accounts to enable the development of a client retention strategy.
- Identification of continuous improvement actions that directly impact both client satisfaction and GoodShape profitability indicators.
- Adhere to the Account Management practices in line with internal compliance and quality monitoring operating practices/protocols.
- Understand, communicate and ensure compliance with our legal obligations, company policies and expectations outlined in internal operating standards and procedures.
- To work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure client’s objectives and commitments are understood by all and to ensure appropriate conclusion of client complaints and queries.
- Adherence to governance and reporting frameworks to meet Account needs.
- Ownership of account portfolio SLA & performance reporting.
- Contribution to best practice and knowledge share across the company network.
- Support the effective Client engagement and change management plans of product releases.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
We are looking for an inspirational, influential & highly competent manager who takes initiative, yet is adaptable in dynamic environments, with the ability to deliver tangible, measurable results through strong client and colleague relationships. Persuasive with the ability to sell concepts and ideas by gaining commitment and willing acceptance. Enjoys challenging situations, with the freedom to act, and the authority to take decisions within the company framework.
- Exemplary professional attributes, including but not limited to reliability, honesty, trustworthiness, flexibility & punctuality.
- Strong presentation and communication skills - listening, verbal and written, with the ability to adapt style, manner, and delivery of communication to reflect the needs and expectations of the specific audience and situation.
- Strong selling, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong relationship building with an open and authentic focus.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, with good numerical and costing skills.
- Excellent ability to effectively identify tasks and issues requiring attention and prioritise workload.
- Creative problem solving.
- Excellent customer focus (delivering superb service both internally and externally).
- Leading at Manager level multiple client account portfolio in a variety of sectors.
- Driving the retention and monetisation of existing client accounts.
- Delivering against P&L.
- Conducting commercial negotiations with stakeholders.
- Establishing rapport, credibility and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and partners at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Contract interpretation and negotiation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Role modelling behaviours in-line with company values & guiding principles.
- Customer (Client, Supplier, Member, Line Manager) satisfaction.
- Achievement of agreed objectives & operational targets/goals.
- Gross Margin & planned budget delivery.
- Conversion of new and existing client opportunities.
- Identifying and cross-selling opportunities.
- Specific financial targets to be agreed with your line manager.
This is by no means a definitive list, and from time to time the role may require the individual to support, drive and undertake tasks which fall outside of the formal job description above.